Geist 3 Minus Care Kit comes with all the products you need to clean, prevent dye transfer and friction damage on new pigmented leather or for vinyl interiors aka vegan, faux or artificial leather. This is the only protection new leather (0-3 yrs) or leatherette needs.
Pigmented (non porous) leather commonly found in cars, furniture and other leather items has a coloured protective finish. Modern leather finishes are high-tech - they are elastic, wear resistant and, very importantly, air and water vapour permeable. Most high quality vinyl or PU leather imitations are also coated with protective finishes. These finishes are protected with a clear coating called a ‘topcoat’ which carries waxes and additives that give the surface a soft touch, prevent scratches, wear, creaking and squeaking. The elastic finish must be protected for the surface to retain its new look, soft touch and stay squeak free.
WHY 3 MINUS?
New leather has an optimum balance of moisture and oil. Protecting the topcoat is therefore the priority. During this time, applying a leather conditioner shows little or no benefit.
For the 3 first years: use Geist. Dye & Friction Blocker to protect against dye transfer and friction damage after cleaning.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
- Suitable for leather, vinyl, artificial leather, vegan leather, fake/faux leather or pleather. Works for all leather colours. Not suitable for absorbent leather like aniline, suede or nubuck.
- Clean with Rapid Cleaner.
- Protect with Dye & Friction Blocker.
- PLANT & ALGAE BASED CLEANER – Geist. Rapid Leather & Vinyl Cleaner is a pH balanced, completely safe to use gentle cleaner with strong cleaning capabilities. Made from plant and algae derived detergents this new generation cleaner lifts soiling and dirt trapped in the grain and does most of the heavy lifting for you.
- DYE/COLOUR TRANSFER – Geist. Dye & Friction Blocker contains 'hybrid-polymers' that prevent dye/colour transfer and repel loose dye from clothing like jeans and 'unfixed dyes' from other materials like seat belts onto leather and vinyl.
- ABRASION DAMAGE – The Blocker acts as an invisible barrier and reduces the impact caused by friction and abrasion. For the first 3 years, this is the only protection your car seat or non absorbent furniture leather needs.
- BREATHABILITY – Does not reduce air and water vapour movement through leather finishes ensuring your leather gets the exact protection it needs without compromising its natural look and feel.
- SUPER SAFE – Ingredients contained readily biodegrade in the environment.
- SOFT TOUCH – The soft touch and elasticity of the protected surface is not changed as no ‘hard’ particles are applied. Geist. Dye & Friction Blocker can be removed and reapplied with ease as it does NOT build up a ‘crust’ after multiple applications.
- NO GLOSS, NO SMELL – The Blocker does not add any gloss, leaves no residue and does not make the surface shiny. Does not contain any added perfumes so it is not scented.
- LIGHT COLOURED SURFACE – Perfect protection for light coloured leather or leather like surfaces as dye transfer shows the most.
- QUALITY – Designed in Germany. Our products contain no 'PFOA' chemicals that are harmful to the environment or 'nanoparticles' which are classified as a risk to human health.
- WORKS ON – Leather, vinyl, artificial leather, vegan leather, fake/faux leather or pleather. Suitable for all leather colours. Not suitable for absorbent leather like aniline, suede or nubuck.
Instructions for use:
- STEP 1: For regular cleaning, spray the product onto a cloth and wipe the surface, or spray Rapid Cleaner on to a sponge to create foam, and work on to the surface from seam to seam allowing it to lift the soiling from the pores for about 2-3 minutes. Wipe off with a lint free cloth. If needed, leave on difficult stains for longer. For deeper cleaning, scrub gently with the brush included and wipe off using a lint free cloth or microfibre towel away from sunlight and heat. Extreme stains on vinyl and on colour-fast leather can be treated with the cleaner and left for longer periods, several hours if needed, before working gently with the cleaning brush. Always test in a hidden area for colour loss before cleaning. Poorly or old recoloured leather/vinyl paints can rub off when wet cleaned.
- STEP 2: Spray Dye & Friction Blocker onto a clean lint free cloth and wipe evenly. Allow to dry. For maximum protection, apply after every cleaning treatment or once every 3 months.
- Rapid Leather & Vinyl Cleaner 300ml
- Dye & Friction Blocker 300ml
- Cleaning brush, 2 cloths and sponge.